Who wouldn’t love Chocolate Fudge Zucchini Brownies?!
Yields: 20-24 squares
- 1/2 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce +
- ¾ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¾ cup plus 2 tbsp water
- 2 TSP pure vanilla extract
- 3 TBSP flaxmeal
- 1/2 cup plus 2 TBSP vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup coconut flour or whole wheat flour
- 1/2 TSP salt
- 1/2 TSP baking soda
Recipe for zucchini brownies: Preheat oven to 350F, and line a 9×13 baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the first 7 ingredients and let sit at least 5 minutes. Combine all other ingredients in a separate bowl, and stir very well. Pour wet into dry, stir until evenly mixed, then pour into the baking dish. Bake 19-20 minutes, then pat down hard with a pancake spatula or another sheet of parchment. Let zucchini brownies sit 15 minutes before trying to cut into squares.
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (or other nut butter)
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 ½ TBSP milk of choice (or more for thinner frosting)
- ½ TBSP pure vanilla extract
Blend everything in a small food processor. If extra can store in the fridge.
Spread sauce over the zucchini brownies, then fridge or freeze 10-20 minutes. These healthy brownies are high in fiber and Vitamin C, cholesterol-free, gluten-free, vegan, low in sugar (or sugar-free), and they even offer Omega 3s!
Nutrients per serving (46g): Calories 83; 6.2g fat; Carbohydrates 6.8g; Dietary Fibre 64mg; Sugar 0.8g; Sodium 64mg; protein 1.4g